Balie theatre: 14.30-17.30 hours
Tactical Media as Tools for Survival
Series of presentations from front-line activists who use tactical media as tools or as weapons in a struggle for survival.
- Lecture by Sivam Krishnapillai (Cambridge) scientist, about the ethno-national cyberquarrels in Sri Lanka.
- Presentation by Vesna Jankovic (Zagreb), editor in chief of Arkzin, the bi-weekly anti-war magazine that combines politics and subculture.
- Screening of the new video of Jelenko Bantic (Zagreb) about the armed struggle for a free radio station in Northern Kroatia
- Presentation of the Democratic Voice of Burma by Thein Htike Oo, the radio station of the democratic alliance, that has been banned by official authorities. The radio station is supported by XminY Solidarity Fund, who will be launching an action campaign to put them on the air again.
- Screening of videos about the current media activities from the Zapatistas in the Chiapas region in Mexico.
- Presentation by Sacha Mirkovic (Belgrade), producer from the radio station B'92.
Moderation: P.L. da Silva, social scientist at the University of Amsterdam.