This talk will cover a lot of ground, and will be of most value to software developers that are new to testing or trying to improve their mastery of it.
Discussion to help you answer:
- How to prove the value of testing to bosses and clients?
- How to decide how much to test and how?
- How to rescue a troubled project?
- How to cope with deadlines?
Making good use of practices like:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Code coverage
- Continuous integration
- Assertions and exception notification
Kinds of tests, along with their benefits, open source tools and sample code:
Testing application state and sample code for using:
...and more! Audience questions will be welcomed.
Biz-Tech Consultant: Ruby, Python, UNIX, DevOps. Open source contributor & community organizer: @pdxruby, @pdxfunc, @pdxdevops,@calagator, @osbridge, @e_pdx. bio from Twitter
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session