Awesome things have been happening in Perl recently; so many that even if
you've been paying close attention, you may have missed a few. In this talk
we'll examine some of the coolest recent technologies for Perl programmers,
- Overhauling Perl's Object Oriented framework with Moose.
- Making everything a first-class object with autobox.
- Slashing your error handling code with autodie.
- Building fast, readable and reusable regular expressions with Perl 5.10.
- Bundling and building stand-alone applications using PAR, the Perl Archiver.
- Astonishingly good profiling with Devel::NYTProf.
- Playing MineSweeper automatically with App::SweeperBot.