Public Webinars: Technology, Strategies, and Evaluation
eOrganic and other eXtension Communities of Practice are coordinating webinar series as a new means of engaging stakeholders. We will discuss:
- Technology: lessons learned about selecting webinar software as well as hardware such as headsets and microphones.
- Organizational strategies that contribute to the success of a presentation: communication with presenters, scheduling practice sessions, coordinating multiple speakers, handling audience questions, technical support, and referencing additional resources.
- Evaluation: methods for and results of evaluating the impact of webinars on stakeholders including in-webinar polls, immediate post-webinar surveys, and post-webinar surveys to evaluate changes in practices.
- Interactions with social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Webinar variations: broadcasting to a live audience, recorded meetings, and remixing and repurposing recorded presentations for other purposes such as educational modules for classroom instruction.
About the speaker
soil science, Drupal, eOrganic, Oregon, local and organic foods, simple living
bio from Twitter
to add slides, notes or videos to this session