This session provides overview of new cool features and improvements introduced in Axis2 web service framework in 1.7.0 release.
1) JAX -WS tooling support - Axis2 already supports artifacts generated by JDK WS tools but with 1.7.0 release Axis2 tools such as WSDL2JAVA and JAVA2WSDL support for processing and generation of JAX-WS artifacts in portable manner. This will be an added feature for enhanced Axis2 JAX-WS runtime. Axis2 JAX-WS runtime is already integrated to number of Open Source and commercial JEE Application servers.
2) Axis2 Maven archetypes - Well designed set of Axis2 Maven archetypes introduced in 1.7.0 release enable users to build web services within few minutes and and also preserve as a template for their projects.
3) Fully support for Java Collection, Map APIs and enhanced support for Java Complex Objects - Axis2 POJO deployment now allows to deploy services with Java Collection , Map or Objects. Axis2 runtime capable enough to provides marshaling, unmarshaling and automatic generation of WSDL and Schema in interoperable manner.
4) Support for Windows security.
5) Plans for future releases - All new Axis2 Spring support , REST service configuration features through JAX-RS annotations.
Technical Lead at WSO2 and Commiter/PMC member at Apache Software Foundation
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session