All problems have simple, easy-to-understand, logical wrong answers.
Subclassing in Python is no exception. Avoid the common pitfalls
and learn everything you need to know about how subclass in Python.
- Overriding and extending
- Calling your parents
- The ellipse / circle problem -- what does a subclass mean?
- Liskov Substitution Principle
- Open Closed Principle
- The facts of life when subclassing builtin types
- How to Implement Cooperative Multiple Inheritance
- A example of perfect and simple python diamond
- Beware the Concrete C API