Your current filters are…
by Ian Dees
In May 2008, five busy programmers in town for a conference sat down for dinner and decided to do a book together. We dreamed big dreams for the project scope, made big plans for technical collaboration, and yes, made big mistakes as we worked. Two years later, reality looks really different than we'd imagined--better, in fact.
In this talk, you'll hear about:
* Getting through the Trough of Sorrow
* What to do when you have all the responsibility and no authority
* Laughing at your estimates (and getting stakeholders to laugh with you)
* What worked for us (and what might or might not work for you)
* Lessons for freelancers, telecommuters, and distributed teams
More details soon...
by Alex Kroman
In this session you will learn:
Technical debt is something that most project teams or independent developers have to deal with - we take shortcuts to push out releases, deadlines need to be met, quick fixes slowly become the standard. In this talk, we will discuss what technical debt is, when it is acceptable and when it isn't, and strategies for effectively managing it, both on an independent and team level.
21st–24th June 2011