In May 2008, five busy programmers in town for a conference sat down for dinner and decided to do a book together. We dreamed big dreams for the project scope, made big plans for technical collaboration, and yes, made big mistakes as we worked. Two years later, reality looks really different than we'd imagined--better, in fact.
In this talk, you'll hear about:
* Getting through the Trough of Sorrow
* What to do when you have all the responsibility and no authority
* Laughing at your estimates (and getting stakeholders to laugh with you)
* What worked for us (and what might or might not work for you)
* Lessons for freelancers, telecommuters, and distributed teams
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session