Working With The Google Puppet Codebase At Scale
At Google, different teams deploy multiple operating systems via Puppet. This talk will cover the layout of our Puppet manifests and the practices we use when checking in and deploying code, including:
- Using environments to provide testing tracks to our OS teams.
- Where code reuse via common module paths has worked and where it has not.
- Code validation using pre-commit hooks.
- Deploying IT services using Puppet.
- Health checking Puppet servers
About the speaker
Site Reliability Engineer, Google
to add slides, notes or videos to this session