Want to make HTML 5 games? Don’t know where to start? Want to learn the basics of game development? Well you need to come to my HTML 5 Game Workshop!
This half day workshop will cover the following necessary skills:
- Set up a local server environment with Apache, PHP and MySQL.
- How to install tools for HTML 5 game building.
- Introduction to Game Design, Game Theory and Web Gaming.
- Intro to ImpactJS.
- Making your first ImpactJS game.
- Game Asset generation with PhotoShop Scripting.
- Working with inheritance, animation and sound in ImpactJS.
- Deployment strategies and distribution (Web, Desktop, Mobile).
What you will need for this workshop:
- A laptop (mac or pc).
- Must be comfortable writing code. This isn’t an advanced workshop but I will cover a lot of code.
- Interest in gaming.
- Prior experience with Flash is a plus, especially game frameworks like Flixel.
- Local server (Apache, PHP and MySQL). I will cover how to set these up and configure them if you do not have them installed prior to the class.
- A text editor or PHPStorm (which has a 30 day trial).
- Bring own ideas for games you would like to build.
Not only is this workshop a great way to learn about game development, especially with HTML 5, but you will also get a free no commercial license of ImpactJS (which is normally $100). Also even though we will not build a fully functional game in this workshop but I will supply you with all the tools and code concepts needed to go out and make your own.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session