In this half-day session, Molly will provide an overview of where HTML5 is within the W3C process, what it's originators at the WHAT-WG are thinking about, and then jump on in to the really interesting topics of the day. Continuing deeper, we'll look at HTML5 media elements and APIs including video, audio and canvas; we'll examine related technologies such as Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and its role within contemporary site and application design; and finally wrap up with a variety of related work in geolocation and device-orientated standards such as is emerging via other standards bodies.
- A better understanding of the origins, goals and current thinking in HTML5
- Real-world techniques to implement HTML5 and related tech into current workflow
- A look at how browsers are changing the way we work, for better or worse
- Guidance as to how to manage open, emerging technologies based on individual and group skill sets
- A solid foundation for determining next steps regarding emerging tech and your current development practices
29th November to 2nd December 2011