Who does the music industry need to influence, and how can they identify a modern tastemaker? Whether you're selling recorded music, merchandise or tickets, influencing new and existing music consumers is a mine field. Today's music businesses are responsible for having direct relationships with not just DJs and editors, but tweeters, bloggers, and even pirates. The question is, who is the most influential, and how do we cover all communication bases?
Here's the questions we'll be asking:
- Who are the biggest tastemakers? DJ's, Editors or Bloggers, and what do they each bring to the table?
- How do record executives keep a steady message throughout a campaign, and prevent online bullying?
- How do you get the whole ecosystem excited? Are there different approaches for different influencers?
- How do you stretch a marketing budget amongst all the influencers?
- At what point is copyright of music relinquished?
- Why have the Record industry authorities decided to clamp down on blogs now?
- How can artists, labels and media outlets work together?
- How are independent taste makers using new technology, like Spotify URL's to push awareness.