Side projects are crucial to remaining relevant in our industry. The web is constantly changing—new conventions, techniques and technologies—and one of the best ways to keep up is to do something for the love of it. Side projects facilitate a unique blend of experimentation, creativity and play that aren?t always possible during billable hours or client projects.
We?ll be grilling our panel to bring practical advice and a candid take on their past experiences. After all, getting the most out of a side project is easier said than done. Proper planning pays off when an exciting new idea and collaborative relationship collides with careers and family lives.
Business and life-long friendships have been built upon rallying around tasks and ideas that don?t always fit into the 9 to 5. We hope attendees leave with solid ideas and a heap of inspiration for starting their own side projects.
A few things we?ll cover:
• Planning and successfully launching a side project
• Benefits of a side project?
• How to manage collaborative relationships in terms of equity, roles and responsibilities
• How can side projects make your employees more valuable
• How to balance a side project with your career and family life
Husband, father, creative director @element, & founder of @methodandcraft. bio from Twitter
3:30pm All Grown-up: Brand Mascots in the Digital Age by Derek Fridman and Emily Reid
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session