Tuesday 15th March, 2011
11:00am to 12:00pm
Luxury, by definition, is built on exclusivity. The web is inherently democratic.
In the past, this contradiction caused luxury brands to be hesitant about moving online – but in the face of the internet’s ever-increasing ubiquity and print advertising’s decreased returns, more and more luxury brands are making the transition to on-line advertising and e-commerce.
While many luxury brands have accepted that a digital presence is essential, they are still figuring out how to maintain the cache, allure, and exclusivity that underpins their brand perceptions while simultaneously balancing the “democratic” rules of the digital landscape.
This presentation will show how luxury brands can participate in the digital-sphere through case studies of luxury brands that have effectively communicated their 'brand story' online by leveraging the following territories:
1. Communicate the dream of the luxury brand
2. Digital as a piece of the larger puzzle
3. Tell a great story
4. Be a cultural tastemaker
5. Provide a trusted guide to lifestyle enhancement
6. Use history as a way to push forward
7. Encourage the spirit of competition
8. Talk to younger luxury consumers
9. Offer incomparable service
10. Use digital to convey exclusivity
By using these strategies, luxury brands will gain just as much, if not more, from embracing digital than any other category.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session