Thursday 29th November, 2012
9:00am to 10:00am
Knowing how to get the most value from your big data projects requires not just a strategy and plan but a program with a justified use case and measurable ROI. Assembling the business case requires knowledge of the quantifiable benefits and some strategic intangibles to determine the value of a big data investment. But to understand the path to a quality big data business case requires depth and breadth of understanding as relates to big data use cases and your companies’ top business initiatives as well as any associated costs.
To establish the business case for big data projects, organizations need to understand what’s involved to address the velocity and volume of transaction data and associated analytics, while expanding to a broader variety of data from social media, unstructured content, industry-specific data, and machine-generated sensors and devices. The use of big data can provide insights to improve operational efficiency and agility, and find opportunities to deliver new products and services that increase customer acquisition and retention.
In this webinar Mark Smith, CEO at Ventana Research and David Lyle, VP Product Strategy at Informatica will have a practical discussion on establishing the business case of a big data investment and will cover the following...
• How to build a business case to justify a financial, time and resource investment for big data projects
• Examine use cases to help lower the cost of computing (i.e. offload processing to lower cost platforms)
• Identify places to increase the business value of big data (i.e. integrate enterprise and cloud computing, leverage new types of data such as social, mobile, and machine device sensors)
• How to establish the fundamentals for big data projects to save organizations time and resources
• How to maximize your return on big data.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session