The Influence industry has been disrupted. The rise of social media has democratized the playing field of influencers and opened up an entire new world of advocates and audience. These “new famous” can have as impactful of a role as traditional journalists , editors and celebrities have had in the past. Today, brands and agencies are struggling to define who is influential and how to measure the impact of this new influence. The emerging area of IRM (Influencer Relationship Management) can provide clients with the ability to truly scale their outreach programs.
This session will explore a best practices approach to balancing the art and science of Influence and present case studies of brands that are successfully managing this emerging area of public relations.
1. Understand the variety of tools in the marketplace that support Influencer Relationship Management (IRM) and best-practices approach to scaling this emerging skill
2. Ideas for how to enhance relationships with online influencers (in a variety of verticals)
3. Explore impact of influence on community management (through case studies)
Many new podcasters find themselves occupied with checking the download stats of their podcast. Most podcasters are pleasantly surprised when they find that their show is being downloaded from all over the globe.
This session is led be a panel of experienced podcasters who actually podcast from outside the United States. If you would like to learn how you can more effectively communicate to a global audience, you do not want to miss this session.
1. You'll come away with a broader understanding of your potential audience.
2. You'll learn the common mistakes that many podcasters make, that actually hamper the ability of growing their audience beyond the US borders.
3. You may just come away with the inspiration of creating a podcast where the International Community will be your target audience.
by Pat Flynn
Successful affiliate marketing is more than just throwing up links on a blog post or in an email broadcast and hoping for the best. It’s all about how you present your affiliate offers to your audience – making them feel extremely comfortable about making a purchase through you like it was a product of your own, and taking down those barriers that usually leave people on the fence for good. In this session, I’ll cover several strategies that I’ve used to run successful affiliate campaigns that have always led to a win-win for all parties involved.
1. Specific strategies and tactics that you can use immediately to successfully run affiliate campaigns that convert.
2. The power of "indirect" and "non-aggressive" affiliate marketing.
3. Various ways to work with affiliate product owners to maximize conversions and increase authority in your niche.
by Evo Terra
Over the last six years, the concept of podcasting your book has gone mainstream. With over 1000 titles produced, it’s become a trusted method for authors to increase their audience, provide unique content that keeps their readers engaged, and a reliable sales channel.
1. How can giving away content lead to sales?
2. What unique challenges authors, and would-be authors, encounter as the pool of available works grows?
3. You'll learn the tricks from those who have come before and a few un-turned stones from pioneers of this new frontier.
5th–7th June 2012