In this panel you will learn what it takes to start a blog from scratch, build a loyal following and create an established brand that continues to generate revenue month after month.
2. Buying/Selling Established Blogs
3. Building a Brand
4. Site / Logo Design
by Missy Ward
If you’re part the growing movement of blogger-entrepreneurs or simply want to find a way to subsidize your hobby; long-time affiliate marketer, Missy Ward will provide you with proven tactics to monetize your blog using affiliate marketing — without compromising your integrity, or crippling your traffic.
In this session you will get an overview of how affiliate marketing works; learn how to find complimentary products and services to promote and walk out with seven successful affiliate marketing strategies to monetize your blog immediately.
Blogging for business comes down to one challenge: finding what problem you can solve for your readers. That can be tough, unless you look at the intersection of three areas: What they’re passionate about. What they’re talented at. What customers will pay for. If they’re passionate and talented, but customers won’t pay for their solution… they’ll be broke. If they are talented with paying customers, but lack passion… they’ll burn out. If they’re passionate with paying customers, but aren’t actually talented… they’ll get busted. But when they find the thing that meets all three criteria, THAT is the sweet spot!
We'll use a diagram to show each section and suggest 3 steps in order to test whether an idea or solution falls into each of the 3 areas, to help bloggers truly determine:
1. What they're passionate about.
2. What they're talented at.
3. What customers will pay for.
by Jay Baer
If your blog shares your deepest, darkest secrets about your passion for Jersey Shore or troll head dolls, this is not the session for you. This is the session for serious bloggers who want their online musings to play a meaningful role in their business. Join Jay Baer in a practical, focused, advice-filled session filled with real world examples and lessons learned from his own journey from blogger with zero readers to well-known social media personality.
1. How to move your blog from a creative outlet to a driver of business success.
2. How to prioritize the activities necessary to build a blogging community.
3. How to create a blogging approach that creates readership and notoriety, without selling your soul or being a jerk.
Bloggers who break news get followers. This session wil focus on simple reporting techniques bloggers can adopt that will allow them to take a lead on stories within their niche while still preserving the nimble nature of their blogs. Sessions covers how to find sources and get them past the “you’re just a blog” when requesting an interview, as well as places bloggers should be looking to uncover stories.
1. How to generate original content instead of simply writing about content published elsewhere.
2. How to find and maintain relationships with sources and turn those relationships into ideas for blog posts.
3. How to use the smaller, nimble nature of most blogs as an advantage when trying to muscle in on traditional media for interview requests.
5th–7th June 2012