by chuck martin
This fast-paced, high energy presentation will highlight the technological and, more significantly, the behavioral changes caused by the Mobile revolution. Consumers have new and significant computing power in their hands and are using it based on time and location. Will trace the evolution of mobile and the smartphone and show how it is a consumer-led phenomenon. It will put in context SMS, MMS, apps, 2D barcodes and location-based activities. It also will include how mobile is local and how consumers will be searching for information and reading content and blogs based on where they are and on their own timeframe.
Understanding mobile in a broader context The relationships of apps, texting and MMS, 2D Barcodes The global nature and scope of mobile
by Jason Falls
What are the real stats
* mobile penetration
* by platform (iphone, BB, android, etc)
* usage stats – what are folks doing
Shiny Object Technologies
* What’s gonna happen in 2012/13
* What should you be doing in Mobile
* What should you watch but not feel immediate sense of urgency to jump on today
* what’s spam and what isn’t
* when text, what text
* best practices
* case study of success — something unique
* worst practices
QR Code Marketing
* what are the real scan rates
* who’s scanning
* Case Studies of successes stories
* Case Studies of real failures
* is LBS marketing for real or was it just a blip?
* case studies that were successful AND why
* major failures of LBS and how they could have been successful
So, you get it now. You have to make your content mobile, but HOW? Sara Santiago will go through the *actual* steps you need to take to support the mobile devices that your readers are using today. Whether you have a WordPress, Blogger, Movable Type, Drupal, or other type of blog, Sara will show you exactly what you need to do to make your content mobile. Seriously. She has some mad skills.
Do I really need an “App for that?” (Pros and cons of native app development over mobile web development.) Does the same content fit for desktop and mobile? When is a theme switcher not enough? What are some rookie mistakes that I should avoid? How did Sara get so awesome? Has she stopped coughing yet? More. Much, much more. Come with all of your mobile questions, and get the answers you need for taking the next steps in making your web content mobile. Come bearing cocktails and snacks, and Sara might just do it for you. Probably.
5th–7th June 2012