Your current filters are…
There’s a lot energy being focused on tools to implement community objectives and strategies, but we forget the human element: the enterprise that needs to be educated and the teams who carry out these lofty plans. The path to social media/community integration won’t always be smooth or immediate, but the key to making the transition as easy as possible is setting reasonable and realistic expectations. Explore how Aetna is integrating community management into business through a three-prong approach: Policy, Process, and Education. Discover the items they are creating to build their toolkit for succeeding in a heavily regulated industry.
1. Learn how to build an enterprise toolkit consisting of Policy, Process and Education elements.
2. Learn the elements required of a community playbook.
3. Discover the internal community management skills required to be a change evangelist.
What they DON’T tell you in Online Community Manager School! Sometimes we need to look at things from the other side – of all the things we shouldn’t do, or new ways to look at the tasks we have to master to be a sane and successful Online Community Manager. We’ll share lessons learned when we … ‘Don’t be afraid to try new things’ and how we can really succeed when we “Don’t try to do everything.” Debba Haupert lives the do’s and don’ts of community management for her online community of women called Girlfriendology.com. Don’t miss this!
The 7 Don'ts of an Online Community Manager
1. Don't do it if you're not passionate about your community
2. Don't be afraid to get to know your audience
3. Don't be afraid to try new things
4. Don't do it the hard way – the tools/shortcuts to use wherever possible
5. How to prioritize projects – Don't try to do everything
6. Don't just look busy – stay focused on goals
7. Don't keep it to yourself – share with and learn from others
5th–7th June 2012