Your current filters are…
by Erik Deckers
This session will show bloggers how to create outstanding written content, rather than relying on keyword-laden schlock and hoping the Google gods will be appeased. We will learn how professional writing techniques — including copywriting, fiction, journalism, and even poetry — can win readers, get them to share your content, and even write about it on their own blogs. With lessons learned from Kurt Vonnegut, Hunter S. Thompson, Tom Waits, and even the guy who said to never end a sentence with a preposition (hint: he was wrong), we’ll learn how to create killer content that will bring in readers.
1. What journalistic techniques bloggers can use to create short, but effective blog posts.
2. How both political speechwriters and songwriters stir emotions through visual language and how you can too.
3. Some grammar rules you learned in school are not only wrong, they should never have been rules to begin with.
The hunt for great story narrators has expanded as magazines embrace the digital age and drive more of their content online. Audio magazines are always on the lookout to find talented readers for some of the biggest stories and authors in fiction. How do you get started? What are the requirements? What are editors looking for? What skills will help you reach the next level? All your questions will be answered by some of the most experienced professionals in the field.
1. You will be supplied with tips on how to break in to story narration
2. A list of magazines that are looking for talented narrators
3. How to use social media to your advantage in the field
5th–7th June 2012