Your current filters are…
Mur Lafferty & Rob Walch have been interviewing guests for their podcasts since 2004. This session covers tips and tricks to put together an entertaining and informative interview. It will cover the technical side of recording, including editing the interview and choosing to using Skype, the phone, or an in-person interview. It will also cover the style side: how to prepare (scheduling high profile guests), how to interact with your guest (the skilled use of pauses), and what to do if the interview goes south (don’t panic!)
1. How to record an interview – Different tools to use and when.
2. The Art of the interview.
3. How to find people to interview
4. The importance of editing a finished interview.
Bloggers who break news get followers. This session wil focus on simple reporting techniques bloggers can adopt that will allow them to take a lead on stories within their niche while still preserving the nimble nature of their blogs. Sessions covers how to find sources and get them past the “you’re just a blog” when requesting an interview, as well as places bloggers should be looking to uncover stories.
1. How to generate original content instead of simply writing about content published elsewhere.
2. How to find and maintain relationships with sources and turn those relationships into ideas for blog posts.
3. How to use the smaller, nimble nature of most blogs as an advantage when trying to muscle in on traditional media for interview requests.
5th–7th June 2012