Your current filters are…
We’ve reached a critical point in the evolution of social media as a business tool. Gone are the days when the GMOOT (Get Me One Of Those) approach will get you anywhere – simply having a Twitter account, or a Facebook Page, isn’t enough. We’re at the point of social media saturation, and something’s got to give. This session will examine six areas of social media that need a reboot – areas where business, marketing and PR leaders need to change their approach if they’re going to have a chance of implementing successful social media programs.
Questions that we'll answer include:
1. How do I know if I'm setting useful social media objectives and measuring them effectively?
2. How can I plan social media content and our approach to search more strategically?
3. Which 'less shiny objects' should I focus on ahead of the shiny ones?
While the number of people, businesses, and organizations active on social platforms continues to grow daily, not everyone is sold on the value of social media marketing. And while you may “get it”—the whys and hows of social media marketing—sometimes it seems like an impossible task to convince skeptics to suspend their disbelief and dive in. This session explores what skeptics want and need at every stage of their belief, and how to deliver that to them.
1. How to identify the key questions in skeptics' heads—and how to use them to build your case
2. A seven-step process that every "Social Skeptic" goes through, from Shock to Integration
3. How to recognize where skeptics are in that process, and what information they need (and in what format!) to help move them to the next phase
Everyone always asks, “How can I rank #1 in Google for X?” While Google changes their algorithm almost too frequently to keep up with, there is one constant of internet marketing: link building. Building links will not only help you perform better in the search engines, but also bring more attention to your site. Link building is really relationship building; learn how to accomplish that with social media, as well as good ol’ fashion hustle. Using several easy tools and strategies, you will be building links in no time.
1. More links = more site exposure and better rankings
2. Social media is an easy linkbuilding tool
3. Research methods to linkbuilding
by Adam Cohen and Amy Lupold Bair
It’s 2012 and the entire world has gone digital with online parents leading the charge. Every decision from what milk to buy to what vacation to take begins online. What are the best strategies to connect with this growing market, and how do mom and dad bloggers approach their unique audiences differently when representing companies? Hear from two bloggers working with some of today’s most recognizable brands: Amy Lupold Bair from Resourceful Mommy Media, an award winning pioneer in the social media marketing space and Adam Cohen from Dada Rocks, the dad blog that top brands turn to the most.
1. Key differences in marketing via dad blogs and mom blogs including differences in audience and style
2. Specific marketing strategies to reach moms and dads
3. Examples of what works and what doesn't based on past case studies from the panel participants including how brands can best connect with parenting bloggers
Speakers share strategies on how to leverage Social Media to manage successful Event Marketing programs. From generating the right amount of momentum before the event to ensuring maximum participation, to keeping events interactive and focused, to post event management. It is a challenge to streamline the entire process. Measuring success in terms of ROI, and identifying opportunities to optimizing remains a mystery. The session cover concepts of effective event marketing using social media through a real case study from Cisco Live Events, a Cisco event that brings technologists, experts and executives on the same level ground, discussing emerging technologies.
1. Preparing for a B2B event marketing program – pre, during and post strategies
2. Use of Social Media techniques and technology
3. How to define and measure success
4. The CiscoLive success story, and what companies can learn from it.
* what’s spam and what isn’t
* when text, what text
* best practices
* case study of success — something unique
* worst practices
QR Code Marketing
* what are the real scan rates
* who’s scanning
* Case Studies of successes stories
* Case Studies of real failures
* is LBS marketing for real or was it just a blip?
* case studies that were successful AND why
* major failures of LBS and how they could have been successful
Creating a blog is easy, but building one that attracts leads and makes sales? That takes some finesse, and now you can learn all about it during this presentation by the expert marketer Derek Halpern, the founder of Social Triggers.
1. You'll learn exactly how to craft content that scores loads of traffic, leads, and sales.
2. You'll learn how to convert random visitors into loyal subscribers and sales.
3. You'll discover the simple 3-step formula for building a blog that generates results.
Multicultural “It” girls are the forgotten treasure in today’s marketing landscape. Their collective buying power increases year after year and they over-index in the social media landscape. Brands and online publishers who tap into their interests and desires can not only gain their trust but ultimately their brand loyalty and their time. In “Social Media Marketing To Multicultural “It” Girls”, I highlight my extensive experiences working for various multicultural-focused national brands as the spearhead for successful social media campaigns. I’ll expand on key takeaways for success marketing to this demographic online.
1. Who the multicultural "It" girl is and why you need her support
2. What motivates the multicultural "It" girl to action in the digital space
3. How to effectively make her a brand ambassador
Most every podcaster wants to know, “How Do I Grow My Audience?” Many times they will say something like, “I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I only have (insert number) of people who are consistently downloading each of my episodes.”
I’m all for growing our audience. However, I’d prefer to say, I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I’ve been blessed to grow my audience to a point where (insert number) people are consistently downloading each of my episodes, and I’m ready to take the reach of my show to a whole new level. Remember that each of these “downloads” represents a person/human being who are giving you the most valuable asset of that they have, their time.
In this session, I’ll share a minimum of twenty five things that you can do to ensure the growth of your audience and take your podcast marketing to a whole new level.
1. Learn about the power of a narrow niche focus for your podcast!
2. Understand the need to keep it positive and provide hope!
3. Learn that content IS KING but that Audio Quality is QUEEN and there are times when the Queen will tump the King!
4. Learn why "Build It & They Will Come" does not often work in podcasting and what to do about it.
5. And at least twenty one valuable take-aways!
Are you aware of the depth and breadth of opportunities for leveraging your blog to grow influence and expand your reach on LinkedIn? Most people are just scratching the surface of this active, affluent, 150 million (and growing) professional network. In this session, LinkedIn and business blogging expert Stephanie Sammons will teach you how to become a top influencer on LinkedIn within your target markets, and drive high quality traffic to your blog. Stephanie will also reveal two secrets that can give you a significant competitive advantage in your marketing efforts! Don’t miss this opportunity to get smart about using LinkedIn as a key blog marketing channel.
Attendees will learn how to stand out as an LinkedIn influencer and implement high impact marketing techniques to drive blog traffic.
by Lee Odden
Search, social media and content marketing are converging, and consumers are using numerous ways to discover, consume and act on content. In this session, you’ll learn how to use content marketing best practices to design information that inspires audiences to share, buy and recommend your brand.
1. Learn the framework for an optimize and socialize approach to content marketing
2. Understand the framework for optimizing across the customer lifecycle
3. Know the difference between KPIs and business outcomes for web and social measurement
by Ric Dragon
2012 will be the year of smarter social media marketing. The presentation will provide a comprehensive approach to social for individuals and teams. The process framework steps through: 1. Desirable Outcomes: Vision, Goals, Objectives, and Metrics 2. Hyper-segmentation and Micro-audiences: finding the small groups 3. Community finding and creating 4. Influencer outreach 5. Crisis social media 6. Brilliant creative social media projects Finally, the presentation will guide the audience through the creation and maintenance of an action plan for organization social media maintenance. Dealing with gaffes, stumbles, and social media faux pas will be talked about as well.
Social media has mostly been done ad hoc – with a basic understanding of the process, marketers will be able to have a framework on which to work. There are several artifacts generated by the process: Desired Outcomes document Brand Voice document Micro-audience segmentation Blog content plan Social media implementation plan Listening plan
Getting your Facebook fans genuinely invested in the conversation is no easy task. There’s a fine line between wasting time on Facebook and turning your community into a lucrative sales funnel. You do this by investing your time and resources into understanding your Fans’ needs, solving their problems and meeting their needs in your own unique style. The key is knowing how to create focused, compelling conversations and online experiences that move lukewarm prospects into loyal, “gotta have what you’re selling” paying customers. This presentation will explore how to get your fans talking and how to monetize your Facebook efforts.
After this workshop you'll be able to take instant action and apply theses strategies to get quick results. Here are some of the things you'll learn:
1. How to find out exactly where your current Facebook traffic is coming from (and how to keep it coming to get more fans!)
2. How to determine the best engagement style for your Page to ensure you're attracting fans who are genuinely interested in what your're selling
3. How to monetize your Facebook efforts so you're not only building relationships but also making money as you grow your fan base
While most entrepreneurs and small business owners know they need to use their blog as an online marketing tool, the why and the how of this equation still remains a mystery. In this session, internet entrepreneur LaShanda Henry will help you better understand why blogs are vital marketing tools and how they can help you attract both customers and media attention.
1. Why blogs are essential marketing tools
2. How to create a “Good for Your Business” blog
3. How to attract Customers and PR Opportunities
5th–7th June 2012