Your current filters are…
This session will provide practical tips for making progress with your blog / site today. The intersection of the following types of optimization will be reviewed in a cohesive manner helping you to kill multiple birds with one stone, no silver bullets, but actionable insight. Topics include: conversion rate optimization, social media optimization, search engine optimization, web site optimization and usability. This is a key session to check out for those that want to learn about how media companies address challenges at scale.
Increase visitor time on site by creating next click opportunities and applying various types of optimization. Drive social engagement by applying key principles of the social web.
by Jaime Tardy
Build credibility and gain traffic by being featured in major media outlets. I’ll illustrate the strategies and techniques I used to land my face on Yahoo’s homepage twice in my very first year of blogging. Plus I’ll teach you how to prepare for press, leverage the press you do get, and what NOT to do!
1. How to pitch to journalists through HARO and be findable by other journalists
2. How to prepare your website, SEO, and yourself for the press
3. How to leverage that press to get more press
4. What to expect from press, including traffic numbers from my press, and lessons learned
Discover the simple steps you can take to break into big media outlets as a regular contributor. Increase your exposure, establish your credibility, and get access to the people you want to interview…all the while leading to more success and bigger pay days for you. From a casual blogger to the weekly contributor for NBC Chicago, Jabez will walk you through the step-by-step techniques you can use to find the right media outlet, build the proper relationships, and leverage your new position for the benefit of both the news outlet and yourself.
1. How to break into Major Media Outlets
2. Leverage your position to gain access to incredible people
3. Getting into situations that benefit both you and the news outlet
4. Become the news organizations golden child
5th–7th June 2012