Your current filters are…
by Ali Luke
We’ll be covering good editing practices for bloggers, concentrating on blog posts and pages, and also touching on longer forms of content such as ebooks. The four key steps we’ll go through are: (i) reading through your piece and making notes; (ii) editing the “big picture” (overall structure and content); (iii) editing the details (sentences and individual words); (iv) using formatting (bold, lists, subheads) to enhance your writing. We’ll focus on practical advice you can put into practice straight away. During the presentation, I’ll give you plenty of examples to help demonstrate the difference that editing makes to a piece of writing.
1. Understand the importance of careful editing as part of the writing process.
2. Learn practical, easy-to-implement tips for editing blog posts quickly.
3. Know how to edit and polish crucial pieces of content like landing pages, About pages and ebooks
by Corbett Barr
If you’re looking for the same ineffective / unimaginative / played-out tips on using social media more effectively, this session isn’t for you. Learning promotional tactics is not the key to building a bigger audience. Becoming a better Twitter user won’t magically make your business successful. Building a raving audience online all starts with writing epic sh*t. Period. Hands down. End of story. You have to write things that make people think. Inspire people. Change lives. Create value. Blow people away with your usefulness. We’ll explore the art of writing epic sh*t in this exclusive BlogWorld session.
1. Why the key to building a thriving audience of dedicated fans isn't about learning the latest promotional tactics or social media fads.
2. 5 examples of incredible success stories that prove writing epic content works for building an audience.
3. 5 proven strategies you can use to create content that blows minds and attracts a crowd.
5th–7th June 2012