Podcasting has changed the face of stand up comedy. It seems that every comic has a podcast. Why is that? Why is it important for comedians to reach out to a new audience once, maybe twice a week? We’ll talk to the biggest stand up broadcaster about why it’s been important to take their act out of the clubs and onto portable media devices.
1. Broaden your fan base without leaving your house.
2. How much plugging is too much?
3. Podcasts allow you to open up your personal life to an audience before they see you on stage. Make performing more personal.
4. Better than late night TV in terms of packing a club.
5. Sell your DVD’s and t-shirts to a whole country at once instead of one comedy club at a time.
6. Use your Podcast to help launch and sell your sitcom idea.
5th–7th June 2012