In today’s world of digital media, podcasting is quickly becoming a method for acquiring and sharing your expertise in the world. It is not just a hobby, but is something that, when done right, can set you on the path to success. In this panel discussion, we will be sharing how we’ve used podcasting and our online efforts to land our dream jobs and how you can do the same. Whether your goal is a dream job, or to leverage your podcasting efforts for other professional opportunities, this is the session for you.
1. Don't wait for the credentials, demonstrate your expertise now!
2. Never stop learning. Continually work on increasing your expertise by stay current in your field
3. Be patient and persistent.
by Evan Bass
This panel will discuss some ideas about how to build a creative franchise around social/new media. Each of the panelists have extensive experience with podcasts, production, and finding (and growing) audiences.
1. Learn the difference between push and pull channels.
2. Learn why advertising and social media have so little in common.
3. Learn how to start growing an audience and how to keep it growing.
Find something that you love to do so much, that you’d be willing to do it for free. Then become so great at doing that one thing and people will want to pay you money to do it! Does this apply to podcasting?
You bet it does! In this session, led by a panel of full-time podcasters, you’ll be inspired as you hear how each have found a unique way to make podcasting their full-time career. Chances are, if you attend this session, you may walk out with a desire to make your dreams of podcasting, full-time, become a reality!
1. Learn the various ways others have found to podcast full-time.
2. You'll walk away with an understanding of how much time, effort, and energy it might take to find a full-time podcasting career.
Most every podcaster wants to know, “How Do I Grow My Audience?” Many times they will say something like, “I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I only have (insert number) of people who are consistently downloading each of my episodes.”
I’m all for growing our audience. However, I’d prefer to say, I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I’ve been blessed to grow my audience to a point where (insert number) people are consistently downloading each of my episodes, and I’m ready to take the reach of my show to a whole new level. Remember that each of these “downloads” represents a person/human being who are giving you the most valuable asset of that they have, their time.
In this session, I’ll share a minimum of twenty five things that you can do to ensure the growth of your audience and take your podcast marketing to a whole new level.
1. Learn about the power of a narrow niche focus for your podcast!
2. Understand the need to keep it positive and provide hope!
3. Learn that content IS KING but that Audio Quality is QUEEN and there are times when the Queen will tump the King!
4. Learn why "Build It & They Will Come" does not often work in podcasting and what to do about it.
5. And at least twenty one valuable take-aways!
5th–7th June 2012