You’ve heard the expression “laughter is contagious”, right? Well, that’s not only true in person, but even more so online. There is no other single style of content that gets shared more often or far-reaching than humor. From photos, personal tales, infographics, video sketches, top ten lists and everything else in between, this session will teach you the concepts on how to create laugh-out-loud content to take advantage of the viral loop and expose your blog to new audiences.
1. You will learn how to identify potential memes within your niche and exploit trends for constructing relevant humorous content.
2. You will learn several easy-to-use "comedy formulas" that anyone in any niche (no matter how boring you think it is) can master to churn out funny ideas and transform them into finished products.
3. You will learn techniques to seed your content on social networks, increase click-throughs on your posts and compel others to share and spread your humor.
by Kelby Carr
Pinterest is a new social network, but its growth has been explosive this year. It has already wedged its way into the top 10 list for traffic among social networks, and it has gotten coverage by big media outlets like Time and Wall Street Journal. It might be beautiful and addictive, but it is also proving to be a powerful driver of traffic. Real Simple Magazine, in fact, said it is beating Facebook referrals to their site. This session will cover how to use Pinterest, have an impact and track the results.
1. Learn the basics of Pinterest, including how to build a following, get repinned and Pinterest etiquette.
2. Find out how to create pinnable content on your site, from tactics to be pin-worthy to making it easy for visitors to pin.
3. Discover how to track the results of your Pinterest efforts, see who has pinned your content, and measure direct traffic and sales from Pinterest.
5th–7th June 2012