by Eric Pratum
Hugging your followers, loving on your fans, and otherwise thinking the new media world is all unicorns and rainbows is really tough when revenue and branding (often in that order) are the only two large goals of marketing. The world of social media is full of data and amazing toolsets. In this presentation, we will discuss good and bad social media measurement, toolsets for collecting useful social media data, and how to use that data to move your programs forward and ensure that you’re not throwing money into the pit that is social media guru-dom.
1. The "next level" of social media isn't being social for social's sake. It's getting people to your website, driving revenue, getting email sign ups, and more.
2. Customers, clients, and donors can smell desperation a mile away. Make your content genuinely useful and genuinely valuable.
3. There a lots of free social media and web analytics toolsets you've never heard of that you could be using and plenty you have heard of that could be helping you do more.
Tom Webster, from Edison Research, is well known, in the podcasting community,for sharing his state of the union style address for the podcasting community.
Tom will share some interesting new research from some 2012. From there, Tom will join a panel of experienced podcasters to discuss this new research information and what this might indicate about the future direction of podcasting.
1. Learn about where podcasting has been.
2. Learn some very interesting new stats for podcasting, here in 2012.
3. Gain a better understanding about the future of the podcasting industry.
After a few energetic days soaking up the latest in innovative content creation, new media tech tips and social media strategies, it’s time to kick back, cut loose and enjoy the entertainment-focused “New Media LIVE!” Talk Show panel! This has become a favorite tradition at BlogWorld you won’t want to miss. Be there with stars from the Web sharing their stories and secrets to success in Web Video, YouTube, WebTV and Video Podcasting. This edition features Jennifer Lawson, Aaron Yonda, Jordan Cooper and more. Their anecdotes and perspectives are sure to be irreverent, humorous, entertaining, insightful and edgy.
Note: While adult language is not standard in this event, this panel may contain adult language.
5th–7th June 2012