Many new podcasters find themselves occupied with checking the download stats of their podcast. Most podcasters are pleasantly surprised when they find that their show is being downloaded from all over the globe.
This session is led be a panel of experienced podcasters who actually podcast from outside the United States. If you would like to learn how you can more effectively communicate to a global audience, you do not want to miss this session.
1. You'll come away with a broader understanding of your potential audience.
2. You'll learn the common mistakes that many podcasters make, that actually hamper the ability of growing their audience beyond the US borders.
3. You may just come away with the inspiration of creating a podcast where the International Community will be your target audience.
by Evo Terra
Over the last six years, the concept of podcasting your book has gone mainstream. With over 1000 titles produced, it’s become a trusted method for authors to increase their audience, provide unique content that keeps their readers engaged, and a reliable sales channel.
1. How can giving away content lead to sales?
2. What unique challenges authors, and would-be authors, encounter as the pool of available works grows?
3. You'll learn the tricks from those who have come before and a few un-turned stones from pioneers of this new frontier.
Most every podcaster wants to know, “How Do I Grow My Audience?” Many times they will say something like, “I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I only have (insert number) of people who are consistently downloading each of my episodes.”
I’m all for growing our audience. However, I’d prefer to say, I’ve been podcasting for (insert number) of months/years and I’ve been blessed to grow my audience to a point where (insert number) people are consistently downloading each of my episodes, and I’m ready to take the reach of my show to a whole new level. Remember that each of these “downloads” represents a person/human being who are giving you the most valuable asset of that they have, their time.
In this session, I’ll share a minimum of twenty five things that you can do to ensure the growth of your audience and take your podcast marketing to a whole new level.
1. Learn about the power of a narrow niche focus for your podcast!
2. Understand the need to keep it positive and provide hope!
3. Learn that content IS KING but that Audio Quality is QUEEN and there are times when the Queen will tump the King!
4. Learn why "Build It & They Will Come" does not often work in podcasting and what to do about it.
5. And at least twenty one valuable take-aways!
Podcasting is a platform that provides a deeper connection your your audience because it brings you right into their cars, their homes, and their lives.
With a podcast, you’re not a flat name on a page. You’re a real, living, breathing, storytelling friend — one they can trust and connect with. As your audience feels more connected to you, the more likely they will have a desire to connect with each other.
Come prepared to learn how podcasters have built amazing community experiences around their podcasting efforts.
1. Learn the value of seeing those who download your podcast as individual people and not just a "download stat."
2. Learn how to create environments that facilitate organic community growth.
3. Learn how to mange all that email and all those social media connections.
4. Learn how a podcast provides a level of intimacy with your community that no blog post can imitate.
5th–7th June 2012