by Evo Terra
Over the last six years, the concept of podcasting your book has gone mainstream. With over 1000 titles produced, it’s become a trusted method for authors to increase their audience, provide unique content that keeps their readers engaged, and a reliable sales channel.
1. How can giving away content lead to sales?
2. What unique challenges authors, and would-be authors, encounter as the pool of available works grows?
3. You'll learn the tricks from those who have come before and a few un-turned stones from pioneers of this new frontier.
What they DON’T tell you in Online Community Manager School! Sometimes we need to look at things from the other side – of all the things we shouldn’t do, or new ways to look at the tasks we have to master to be a sane and successful Online Community Manager. We’ll share lessons learned when we … ‘Don’t be afraid to try new things’ and how we can really succeed when we “Don’t try to do everything.” Debba Haupert lives the do’s and don’ts of community management for her online community of women called Girlfriendology.com. Don’t miss this!
The 7 Don'ts of an Online Community Manager
1. Don't do it if you're not passionate about your community
2. Don't be afraid to get to know your audience
3. Don't be afraid to try new things
4. Don't do it the hard way – the tools/shortcuts to use wherever possible
5. How to prioritize projects – Don't try to do everything
6. Don't just look busy – stay focused on goals
7. Don't keep it to yourself – share with and learn from others
by Rich Brooks
Have you ever stared at your empty blog post and said, “I don’t know what to blog about?” Never again! In this fast-paced session we’ll look at 50–count ‘em 50!–resources, websites, and ideas so that you’ll always have fresh, compelling content to attract new visitors and engage readers at your blog. Bonus! You can use these same content creation tools for your ezine, YouTube channel, and even–gasp–your print newsletter.
1. An insane amount of resources to help you focus on creating quality content for your audience
2. Tips on how to turn other people's stale content into fresh content for you and your readers
3. Ways to have content ideas delivered to you on a daily basis.
5th–7th June 2012