This session, led by widely recognized fan podcasters will share tips and techniques for building a successful TV show or movie podcast. Panelists will discuss how to choose the right show, how to build a community around your podcast, how to promote your podcast, how to use your podcast to serve as a gateway to discover your other content, how to build a relationship with a TV network, and how to properly conduct interviews.
1. Learn how to choose a topic to create for a fan podcast.
2. Learn how to promote your podcast to the the fans.
3. Learn how creating a fan podcast works as "gateway content."
Podcasting is a platform that provides a deeper connection your your audience because it brings you right into their cars, their homes, and their lives.
With a podcast, you’re not a flat name on a page. You’re a real, living, breathing, storytelling friend — one they can trust and connect with. As your audience feels more connected to you, the more likely they will have a desire to connect with each other.
Come prepared to learn how podcasters have built amazing community experiences around their podcasting efforts.
1. Learn the value of seeing those who download your podcast as individual people and not just a "download stat."
2. Learn how to create environments that facilitate organic community growth.
3. Learn how to mange all that email and all those social media connections.
4. Learn how a podcast provides a level of intimacy with your community that no blog post can imitate.
Tom Webster, from Edison Research, is well known, in the podcasting community,for sharing his state of the union style address for the podcasting community.
Tom will share some interesting new research from some 2012. From there, Tom will join a panel of experienced podcasters to discuss this new research information and what this might indicate about the future direction of podcasting.
1. Learn about where podcasting has been.
2. Learn some very interesting new stats for podcasting, here in 2012.
3. Gain a better understanding about the future of the podcasting industry.
5th–7th June 2012