Monday 28th May, 2012
2:30pm to 3:00pm
A workshop on how you can scale your site to withstand traffic without throwing hardware at the problem:
Topics will cover:
- Really Apache? Lighthttpd, NginX and other wonders
- Caching, simples!
- Why your ORM might kill you one day
- Queueing is not just for the English
Questions answered :
1. How can I prepare for scale without spending?
2. What techniques are out there that I can use that will make me a better developer?
Founder / Lead Developer, http://Loadzen.com
Martin has been working in digital for over 8 years across all disciplines of web development. No stranger to start-ups, he started off by launching Eurofreelancer - a European freelance skills marketplace, and later Jive.ly - the social network: a twitter clone which received moderately good press on TechCrunch and Digg. Both are now closed but that doesn't mean the work stops. He recently founded Loadzen.com - the simple to use cloud load testing service
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session