Online consumers are the hero of their own epic adventure.
- remember when you were the centre of the universe? (childhood) well, now you are again
- you are the main character in the story of your life - through social media you can present the epic journey that only you are on
- within this unique adventure, your family and friends play supporting roles
- what makes you care about some characters more than others? (Entertaining, useful, compassionate etc)
- everyone has their own unique narrative and in everyone's lives, there are brands
- so, in the same way that we care about some people's stories, what makes us care about certain brand's stories?
- successful brands have to have human qualities online.
- as a character in someone's narrative, a brand is amongst the privileged. They are competing with attention from family and friends.
- hence, brands should only add to the narrative when they have something valuable to contribute
- they need to keep the long term view. This is a relationship and these are not built in a day.
- as with real friendships, it is about quality not quantity
- brands should remember that they will always be fitting into other people's narratives, and therefore they are not the centre of the universe
- that privilege is reserved for you - the consumer
About the speaker
Ideas with little beating hearts.
We're Weapon7, a digital-focused agency with 55 people from diverse backgrounds.
bio from Twitter
Can't decide on a day? get a FESTIVAL PASS
Access all days for the big top programme
Get festival pass
to add slides, notes or videos to this session