Your current filters are…
by Tim Niziol
In the unconventional gas play streamlining the well development process is crucial to maximizing the return on investment. In this session you will discover how leading companies are leveraging Business Process Management (BPM) to optimize the total return of the field by:
By adopting this agile approach you will see how BPM in conjunction with existing systems will improve your asset utilization and optimize well completions.
Principal – Energy
- Seeking to learn: understanding the role of leadership within operational excellence
- Changing the organizational culture to incorporate process excellence into the everyday
- Managing “daily improvement” and strategic scorecard / metrics and sustaining continuous improvement
by Chris Bloxham and Emily Turner
- Process discipline strategies you – and your suppliers – should be using now
- Successfully modeling system wide risk management and scenario planning processes
- Defining which process belongs to each party
- How to avoid managing continuous improvement in silos
- Reducing the process excellence “disconnect” between suppliers and production companies
- What to do when you find gaps with supplier continuous improvement efforts
by Darren Bryant and Peter Stangl
- Providing the framework to achieve right-first-time quality across supplier services
- Understanding (and measuring) the costs of poor quality – and using SQM to reduce those costs
- Building a Supplier Quality Management (SQM) resource infrastructure: executive engagement; building a resource team; system set-up: Integrating web-based QM applications
- Deployment enablers and challenges: Embedding a preventative vs. reactive business culture
- Leveraging SQM to enhance safety and reduce operational risk
Foster Creek, along with Christina Lake and Narrows Lake, is one of the oil sands projects in Cenovus’ 50/50 business venture with ConocoPhillips. In this session, discover why there is no one best path to operations excellence and why there is no "there" when it comes to implementation (we are never “there” when asked if we are excellent). Randy and Iain will discuss how to:
- Leverage the power of leadership in transforming culture and behavior
- Find the right deployment tactics
- Identify and address the real barriers to implementation
- Driving BPM to deliver increasing levels of business value
- The different BPM technologies available, the key differences and the benefits for your program
- The different delivery platforms (Cloud, opensource, software etc) and the opportunities and risks associated with each
- How to get the most out of your technology investment: leveraging BPMS as an critical enabler to process understanding, management and control
Take advantage of this structured learning opportunity to hear from the technology, services and solutions experts that have the answers to your specific operational excellence implementation or integration challenges. You will have the opportunity to hand-pick from our leading-edge services and solution providers which demos you wish to attend - then you’ll have 5 minutes with up to 5 providers to hear directly from them on how they can support your process excellence challenges. This unique session allows you to find out - within just 5 minutes – whether your company can benefit from a future business relationship with a specific provider.
The exhibitors will be repeating their demos five times so don’t worry if you miss out the first time!
by Leroy Markee and Randy D. Pasay
- Defining a Lean future for your business by first assessing your existing business model
- Where should you be focusing your continuous improvement efforts?
- Getting a clear picture of your programs strengths and weaknesses
- Driving higher productivity: what are the key tools you need now?
- Examining core and non-core processes to optimize what you do best – and outsource the
- Moving beyond Lean and Six Sigma: transforming your improvement management system
by Eric Beylier
- Aligning process improvements with the wider business to improve operational efficiencies
- Getting the facts: how important are spend management processes and tools?
- What is more important? Communication, experience, expertise, education or professional networks?
- How strategic are supplier relationships and contract performance reviews?
- Process governance: Critical considerations for an effective (and sustained) cultural transformation
6th–8th November 2012