Friday 26th October, 2012
11:00am to 11:50am
New technologies, web frameworks or newborn languages are very important for every developer and crucial to improve developers’ skills. However, there is set of skills that very often developers miss and don’t do much to improve in this area to speed up their growth.
During this session you will learn not only how to prioritize your work, what to do with „too much to do” syndrome, but also, you will learn tools and techniques to increase your productivity and save some time for even more interesting and challenging development tasks that you usually don’t have time for.
We will look at:
- basic skills like touch typing
- focusing techniques (Pomodoro, GTD and others)
- PowerShell and other productivity tools
- functional tests and how they can help you be more productive as a developer
- Groovy to eliminate boring tasks
- effective usage of IM, calendar, email and phone
- gamification and fun at work
- work delegation from developer perspective
- how to protect your calendar to get your job done
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session