Friday 31st August, 2012
2:10pm to 2:55pm
Most people use about 10% of vi's capabilities. Learn the other 90% and increase your speed and enjoyment in text editing. This course builds upon the "Editing with vi: Fundamentals" course. It is expected that the student is familiar with vi fundamentals (moving around the edit buffer, altering text, and vi command language syntax). The Advanced Topics class covers more text alteration commands, indenting code/config blocks, editing multiple files simultaneously, copying between multiple files, saving partial files, using buffers and macros, powerful ed commands, and searching code. Anybody who uses vi would benefit from taking this class. Student Success It was like knowing how to use a towel for your entire life and then finding out all the amazing uses there is for it outside of being something to dry your hands with.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session