Your current filters are…
by Tim Ansell
For the last 6 months Tim Ansell has been trying to figure out a live streaming solution for the local user groups he help out with (including Sydney Linux User Group, Sydney Python User Group and Functional Programming Group).
The solution had to be turn key and support the latest HTML5 streaming as well as fall back to flash for legacy users. Users participating at home should be part of the action, including the ability to ask questions and heckle!
The system has been now used for 3 months and successfully streaming the events to numerous users. Tim will describe the set up that he settled on which uses an open source stack and how to reproduce it for your own user group.
This talk will cover the following technologies;
* Flumotion and gstreamer, the backbone of the streaming system.
* Flowplayer and jwplayer, the front end UI provided to users.
* A little bit of AppEngine to serve the front end UI.
* Set up scripts for deploying to your favorite cloud hosting provider such as Amazon AWS.
* Some custom code to integrate IRC, twitter and the player into one UI.
16th–20th January 2012