Cabinets of Curiosity II
This roundtable will follow up the pan-institutional collection databases discussion at MCN 2011, and will attempt to further discussions on platforms for aggregating digital assets, extending the conversation to include databases with assets from a variety of collections.
Below are some key questions to be addressed:
- How do we measure the success of what we're doing: are we meeting the needs of the audience, did it reach them?
- How can we use the audience as a research body?
- What do museums want to get out of sharing platforms?
- What are the different audiences for online collections? professional as well as public....
- How does the museum provide content to multiple platforms and keep it up all to date?--What new opportunities are opening up to enable museums to better serve their audiences and deliver on their missions via these online innovations?
About the speaker
Museums, technology, art, and anything related that catches my eye!
bio from Twitter
Next session in Spring
10:30am 3d Photo Imaging for Condition Detection, Monitoring and Documentation by Dale Kronkright and Megan Jacobs
to add slides, notes or videos to this session