Friday 28th September, 2012
4:30pm to 5:00pm
As more people adopt relational models for applications, there is a greater need for ODMs to manage flow between language libraries. Using mongoengine as an example we'll look into the technical aspects of building a fully featured Object Data Mapper for mongoDB. We'll cover why we want an Object Data Mapper for a schemaless database, followed by a technical deep dive into mongoengine internals.
* use of Meta classes to add functionality to the document mappings
* creating a custom query language
* handling data conversion between mongoDB and mongoengine
* being able to deal with truly dynamic data
* transparently handling changed data.
JVM Engineer at MongoDB. Working on the Java driver, Casbah and a new Scala driver. bio from Twitter
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session