Thursday 21st June, 2012
1:00pm to 4:00pm
The Web is fast becoming a serious competitor to traditional enterprise architecture approaches. This tutorial will provide an introduction to RESTful Web Service techniques, both from a theoretical and practical perspectives. The tutorial is broken down as follows:
• Introduction and Motivation
• The Web Architecture
• Simple Web Integration including POX and URI tunnelling
• CRUD Services using URI templates and HTTP
• Semantics using Microformats and RDF
• Hypermedia and the REST architectural style
• Scalability and how a text-based client-server polling protocol outperforms everything else!
• ATOM and ATOMPub for event-driven and pub/sub applications Security
• Conclusions and further thoughts
Keywords: REST, Web, Scalability, CloudComputing
Target Audience: Participants should be comfortable with distributed computing concepts, but won't need any particular integration or middleware experience.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session