Dedicated to helping young companies grow, the Startup America Partnership is providing a place to meet, collaborate and mingle with iconic entrepreneurs, VCs and other startups this year in the Startup Village. Unique programming elements, meeting spaces, refreshments of the caffeinated and/or adult variety, and daily giveaways will make the Startup America space a can’t-miss for startups.
Need advice on how to kickstart your business? Want feedback on your elevator pitch? Have questions about what a boot camp like DreamIt can do for your startup? Schedule a 20-minute mentoring session with a DreamIt partner or alumnus. In under 4 years, DreamIt has helped launch 64 startups who have raised over $30M in funding. Pre-register at bit.ly/disxsw or just come by.
Entrepreneur presentations to judges.
Great! You found your co-founder. Now the fun begins, but its not all rosy. Here from founders on what to expect and watch out for when it comes to:
- Equity & vesting
- Divvying up responsibilities
- Dealing w/ growth
- Managing strong personalities
- How do you handle or avoid a breakup?
Moderator: Mark Wachen
Panelists: Jesse Pickard, Ray Grieselhuber, and others
Ivy League degree? 401K? VP of what? Screw that. Entrepreneurship on a global scale is exploding, facilitated by a growing ecosystem of resources and supporting institutions to help startups succeed. However, there is a significant difference in quality amongst these varying institutions, people and content. In this panel we will help the audience discover and navigate the emerging startup support ecosystem. Whether you're currently fielding inquiries from Pepsi, applying to TechStars, or negotiating an angel investment for your third startup, the members of this panel will lend expertise within the following four core areas:
1. Tools: Startup Genome, Mixpanel and Kissmetrics which help you to track your progress and make better decisions
2. Supporting institutions: Accelerators, Service Providers, VCs, Market Entrance Partners
3. Science and Education of Entrepreneurship: Eric Ries, Steve Blank and other thought leaders release content that is transforming the way entrepreneurship is done.
4. Corporate Partnerships: working with companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Twitter, for better distribution, valuation and M&A.
It's hard to find a co-founder for your startup. Tell us what you are looking for and we will play the matchmaker. In just an hour, you'll meet a dozen potential co-founders hand-picked for you. Please register ahead of time at http://capitalfactory.com/sxsw-c... . With DreamIt Ventures & Capital Factory.
9th–13th March 2012