The Google Developers LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Hackathon returns to SXSW this year with even more epic proportions. Spend the day with a team building Lego race bots controlled by Android leading up to the ultimate rumble that evening.
- 10am LEGO® kit distribution begins
- 10am - 8pm Hardcore hacking
- 7:30pm 30-minute warning, race order is assigned
- 8pm Let the rumble begin!
- Each team gets 1 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® kit. There will be additional LEGO® pieces available.
- Each team must build with the pieces given at the event — thus no outside parts, modifications, or LEGOs will be allowed! No exceptions!
- You'll need to bring your own laptop for hacking, but we'll have plenty of power and WiFi.
- You can use any programming environment you prefer.
- Teams should bring their own Android device.
- Teams must use an Android device and the MINDdroid control app to remote control the robots throughout the obstacle course.
- Teams must use the MINDdroid software.
- The goal is for teams to get their robots from start to finish of the obstacle course in the shortest amount of time.
- No more than 30 teams can enter.
- No more than 4 people per team.
- Bots can not be larger than a shoebox.
- Bots must stay within the designated course.
- Robots must be race ready by the scheduled race time.
Get a glimpse at Google’s view of the future. Visit the Google Village on Rainey Street. Details at google.com/events/sxsw.
Need to debug your code? Wondering about the latest SDK release? SIGN UP for 15 minutes of one-on-one time with product experts from the Google Developer Relations teams. Come armed with your code snippets, questions, curiosity, and hangout with the Googlers who know the products best.
SIGN UP here: http://www.wejoinin.com/sheets/t...
For Developer bios: https://www.google.com/events/sx...
9th–13th March 2012