As designers take on new problems of convergence and ubiquity, we find ourselves facing new challenges. The products we create are accessed through multiple devices, different channels and a wide audience. How do we accommodate the context of use?
Whether you design mobile apps, services or web experiences, you know that people have different needs and desires. Those issues are complicated further by a landscape of technology.
This discussion will highlight these new challenges and offer solutions based on years of design experience. Topics include:
• What should you be aware of when designing a product or service for use in various locations and environments?
• How does motion and distraction affect interaction and content design decisions?
• Do you provide for casual use vs. urgent need?
• How does the form factor or input method of your device steer your design efforts?
• What happens in an ecosystem of products?
• How does social and cultural context play into the strategy of your design?
9th–13th March 2012