Sunday 11th March, 2012
10:00am to 8:00pm
The Google Developers LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Hackathon returns to SXSW this year with even more epic proportions. Spend the day with a team building Lego race bots controlled by Android leading up to the ultimate rumble that evening.
- 10am LEGO® kit distribution begins
- 10am - 8pm Hardcore hacking
- 7:30pm 30-minute warning, race order is assigned
- 8pm Let the rumble begin!
- Each team gets 1 LEGO® MINDSTORMS® kit. There will be additional LEGO® pieces available.
- Each team must build with the pieces given at the event — thus no outside parts, modifications, or LEGOs will be allowed! No exceptions!
- You'll need to bring your own laptop for hacking, but we'll have plenty of power and WiFi.
- You can use any programming environment you prefer.
- Teams should bring their own Android device.
- Teams must use an Android device and the MINDdroid control app to remote control the robots throughout the obstacle course.
- Teams must use the MINDdroid software.
- The goal is for teams to get their robots from start to finish of the obstacle course in the shortest amount of time.
- No more than 30 teams can enter.
- No more than 4 people per team.
- Bots can not be larger than a shoebox.
- Bots must stay within the designated course.
- Robots must be race ready by the scheduled race time.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session