Thursday 18th April, 2013
8:30am to 5:00pm
New to iOS programming? This one day overview will introduce you to all the basic concepts you'll need to build an application. From using Xcode's templates to displaying lists of information and navigating between screens of information. When you finish the day you'll have a fully functional iOS app that you can show off to your friends.
Getting Started, Fast!
- From installing Xcode to posting a tweet in one short lesson. In this section we'll get started with a quick success and along the way learn the basics of Xcode.
Objective-C, the important bits
- All the ObjC you need to know, and a bit of cool bits and pieces thrown in for good measure. We'll also talk about some of the most commonly used classes from the Foundation framework.
- Gain essential understanding of one of the fundamental building blocks of iOS programming. In this section we'll learn how to connect the custom logic of our apps to the OS.
- Lists of content are pervasive, in this section we'll see how table views work and discuss common performance pitfalls.
Navigation & Storyboards
- Building more than the most rudimentary application requires more than one view controller, this section will cover how to use Storyboards to lay out the flow of your application and how to navigate between the multiple view controllers.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session