Saturday 13th April, 2013
10:30am to 11:15am
Drupal basics a. k. a.Where my projects went wrong
I present my workflow of setting up a (Drupal) website. These are 4 stages that build it up:
- Identify - problems and appropriate tools resolve them
- Frame - build a skeleton of you application and treat it as a proof of concept
- Fill - fill with all missing features and goodness
- Reduce - trim all the parts that are not essential.
I mention some obstacles that I came across and mistakes that I made and I'm now aware of. :)
I encourage to act according to 3 principles:
1. Focus on 1 important task that your web user will accomplish.
2. Put user in the center.
3. Cut out as much as you can.
Some parts are Drupal-related, many are more universal. :)
The key take-away would be: don't let Drupal take over your project - be the big boss and put user needs in the center.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session