Wednesday 23rd October, 2013
8:30am to 3:30pm
What is ‘Minds On Media’?
Imagine a room full of teachers who are experts in playing, learning and teaching with technology. What could you learn from them?
That is up to you! Visit one of the ten centres or visit them all! You might be an absolute beginner or a whiz with technology - but this is about using new technologies with students through a 'tinkering' lens. You choose your ‘entry point’. Build your own plan for the day, be led by one of our facilitators or pedagogistas or have no plan! Learn what you need to know to play deeply and thoughtfully with your students this year!
When we speak of 'tinkering', we are blending two constructs:
What Minds On Media Centres are at ECOO this year? \
- Create More, Consume Less: Creation apps and effective use. Angie Harrison,York Region DSB: @TechieAng
- Tune In To Learn: Broadcasting with your Students - Aviva Dunsiger, Hamilton-Wentworth DSB: @avivaloca
- Rock Your World: Creating in Garageband for iOS - Royan Lee , York Region DSB: @royanlee
- Inquiry Science: Tinker. Play. Think. - Colin Jagoe, Kawartha Pine Ridge DSB: @colinjagoe
- ArcGIS - online & mobile: Mapping & Geography Peter McAsh, Avon Maitland DSB: @pmcash
- The Sum of the Parts: Constructing and Capturing Conceptual Understanding in Mathematics - MaryKay Goindi, Upper Grand DSB: @MKGoindi
- Playing with Media Literacy - Michelle Solomon, Neil Andersen, Carol Arcus, The Association for Media Literacy: @msolomonteacher
- Introducing Kids to Computer Programming. It might be easier than you think ... David Scott Upper Grand DSB
- Building a PLN (Personal Learning Network) - Tim King, Upper Grand DSB: @tk1ng
- N00bing it up in Minecraft: And how it relates to school- Liam O'Donnell, Toronto DSB: @liamodonnell
Wife. Mother. Friend. Educator. Apple Distinguished Educator Class of 2011. DEN Star. Kindergarten and Literacy@School Learning Centre Classroom teacher. bio from Twitter
Teaching is my passion. Have taught all grades from K-6. Excited to be back in JK/SK! Class Blog: https://mrscrockett.commons.hwdsb.on.ca/ bio from Twitter
Vexatious science educator with KPRDSB.ca. Edtech, science and outdoor geek. Transplanted Maritimer. Guitar guy. Skeptic. bio from Twitter
Kids/YA author, creator Graphic Guide Adventures & Max Finder Mystery, Monster Manual aficionado, @gamingedus founder, EDGE Lab external collaborator & teacher. bio from Twitter
Retired educator interested in the integration of technology into all areas of the curriculum, and other things! bio from Twitter
Education bricoleur. LOL Longtime K-12 teacher. PD guy. http://globaldignity.ca , ISTE ambassador, iEARN, ECOO, PBL, YMCA. Question Authority! Authoritatively. bio from Twitter
Learner first. Exploring the power of technology in designing awesome learning spaces. Tweets are my own!
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session