Wednesday 17th April, 2013
3:00pm to 3:40pm
Rebeca's talk will explore the following,
1. Storytelling as a research methodology
- Storytelling techniques to use in user research.
- How storytelling helps you and your team to embody your audience.
- Exploring multi device ideas thought improvisation and role play.
2. Storytelling in design
- The social role of story telling and how it applies to digital products
- Designing scenarios that encourage users tell their own stories.
- Elements to use to create stories.
3. Making your ideas last.
- How to use storytelling throughout the development process.
- Using illustration, broadcasting and improvisation techniques to help tell stories
- The story that goes beyond the digital experience.
4. Practical exercise: Getting in the mind of users.
Exploration of concepts through role play (don’t worry it will not require acting!)
Rebeca has 11 years of experience in visual design and digital media production. She specialises in interface and interaction design. Combined with her background in design, anthropology and economy, she has also been certified in Marketing by Berkeley University (Berkeley, US).
Currently she is working as a Senior User Experience Consultant in a London based agency called System Concepts. Her role involves working with blue-chip companies, such as Vodafone, O2, BBC, Amadeus or Wellcome Trust, providing UX strategy, research and design.
e-Anthropology, UX design and exploration of the digital space bio from Twitter
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session