Thursday 21st March, 2013
9:00am to 1:00pm
This interactive workshop will demonstrate a thorough analysis of concepts, technologies and the policies which are driving the new developments within missile defence. Taking into account general concerns and feelings surrounding the development of new missile defence technology and the growing risk of hostile air and missile attacks, delegates will be provided with alternative understandings of the advantages and disadvantages of the various systems available to provide air and missile defence.
Key issues to be discussed include:
• Advanced concepts behind successful integration, and types of battle management & missiles utilised in air and missile defence
• Assessing the kill chain and highlighting areas for future development: Understanding how missile defence systems work
• Analysis of the predominant missile defence systems in use around the world and how their success’s can be adapted into future platforms.
• Understanding the technical features of the European Phase Adaptive Approach (EPAA) and its likely impact on European defence systems
By attending this workshop, you will:
• Gaining wider knowledge on the technical elements of missile defences
• Understand how current national and international cooperation efforts are being influenced by systems currently on the market, and how synergy can best be created
• Understand the different stages of the EPAA and the technical behind this particular approach
Missile Defence Analyst
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session