Monday 20th May, 2013
9:45am to 10:15am
Your colleagues at the office recognize you as an expert, and your knowledge and credibility are beyond compare. They know you stay on the cutting edge and bring brilliant ideas, have impact on a daily basis, and acknowledge that you are a person who others gladly follow.
Now you need to let the rest of the PR world know about your capabilities. You need to get recognized as an influential person or thought leader who is known for innovative ideas, insightful expertise, and is a source of guidance in the industry. Getting known beyond your immediate circle helps advance both your personal brand and that of your company or organization. And you will become personally fulfilled by being recognized as an influential person who addresses and helps to solve the PR industry’s most pressing challenges.
But how do you make yourself stand out from the pack and get recognized as a leader so you can reach that level where clients, employers, and colleagues come to you? Established thought leaders know that being recognized takes a concentrated campaign to build their personal brand and position themselves as someone who is influential in the industry.
Speaker, author, and marketing pro Geoff Livingston will share how he successfully built his reputation with specific actions. He will help aspiring leaders by answering the following:
· How are you leading by example?
· What is the online and social media profile you need to be recognized? Is it your blog and website as well as your profiles and activity on communities online like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, or other platforms?
· Should you write that book? Does writing a book still have impact and get you recognized as an authority or expert in the field?
· What are the speaking engagements you should be seeking that will help you be recognized as an expert in the industry? And are speaking engagements worth the preparation and travel time?
· What are the industry articles you should be writing that demonstrate your expertise and flair? Should you be focusing on writing your own blog or newsletter instead?
· Where does traditional PR fit into the equation? Can earned media still help you advance your strategic objectives?
It’s time for you to join other senior professionals who want to elevate their personal profile and career to the next level. It will help you and your organization have greater impact and, perhaps more importantly, leave you more personally fulfilled.
Geoff Livingston is an author, public speaker and strategist who helps companies and nonprofits develop outstanding marketing programs. He brings people together, virtually and physically, for business and change. A former journalist, Geoff continues to write, and has authored three books. Most recently he co-authored Marketing in the Round, and wrote the social media primer Welcome to the Fifth Estate. Geoff has advised more than 10 members of the Fortune 500 and numerous start-ups, mid-cap companies, and nonprofits. Geoff is a regular conference keynote speaker and panelist and has won awards from the Society of New Communications Research, American Marketing Association, International Association of Business Communicators, as well as an Axiom Award for Now Is Gone. For more information, visit www.geofflivingston.com.
Sign in to add slides, notes or videos to this session